Connect with us

Top Stories

Travis Kelce’s Dad, Ed Kelce, Spills Details on Taylor Swift Engagement

Published

on


Travis Kelce‘s father, Ed Kelce, is sharing some details behind his son’s engagement to Taylor Swift, including that Travis popped the question around two weeks ago.

Ed chatted with News 5 Cleveland on Tuesday, shortly after the famous couple announced their engagement on Instagram. “Your English teacher and your gym teacher are getting married,” they captioned their joint post, which featured photos from the special moment.

Ed revealed that his son actually got down on one knee “maybe two weeks, not quite two weeks ago” at a garden in Lee’s Summit, Missouri. He added that Travis “was going to put it off till this week. I think she was getting maybe a little antsy, but he was going to put her off till this week, to, you know, make some grand thing, to make it a big special event. And I told him repeatedly, you know, you could do it on the side of the road, do it any place that makes it a special event … when you get down on one knee and ask her to marry you.”

He also shared that Travis’ plan to propose was months in the making, and that he actually expected him to pop the question during last year’s NFL season. However, the special day came in August, which, as Swifties know, is a special month for the singer.

“He got her out there, they were about to go out to dinner, and he said, ‘Let’s go out and have a glass of wine,’ … they got out there, and that’s when he asked her, and it was beautiful,” Ed recalled of their engagement. “They started FaceTiming me and their mother and her folks to make sure everybody knew. So, to see them together is great.”

He added that he was at a Philadelphia Eagles practice when he got the call from the couple, announcing they were engaged.

Travis and Swift have been dating since the late summer of 2023. While they keep their relationship mostly private, they also don’t shy away from showing up to support each other, whether it’s the singer attending Travis’ Kansas City Chiefs games or the football star cheering her on during her Eras Tour.



Source link

Top Stories

Aid flotilla with Greta Thunberg set to sail for Gaza to ‘break illegal siege’ | Greta Thunberg

Published

on


A flotilla carrying humanitarian aid and activists, including Swedish climate campaigner Greta Thunberg, is due to leave from Barcelona on Sunday to try to “break the illegal siege of Gaza”, organisers said.

The vessels will set off from the Spanish port city to “open a humanitarian corridor and end the ongoing genocide of the Palestinian people”, said the Global Sumud Flotilla.

They did not say how many ships would set sail or the exact time of departure.

The flotilla is expected to arrive at the war-ravaged coastal enclave in mid-September.

“This will be the largest solidarity mission in history, with more people and more boats than all previous attempts combined,” Brazilian activist Thiago Ávila told journalists in Barcelona last week.

Organisers say that dozens of other vessels are expected to leave Tunisian and other Mediterranean ports on 4 September.

Activists will also stage simultaneous demonstrations and other protests in 44 countries “in solidarity with the Palestinian people”, Thunberg, who is part of the flotilla’s steering committee, wrote on Instagram.

As well as Thunberg, the flotilla will include activists from several countries, European lawmakers and public figures such as former Barcelona mayor Ada Colau.

“We understand that this is a legal mission under international law,” leftwing Portuguese lawmaker Mariana Mortágua, who will join the mission, told journalists in Lisbon last week.

Israel has already blocked two attempts by activists to deliver aid by ship to Gaza, in June and July.

In June, 12 activists on board the sailboat Madleen were intercepted by Israeli forces 185km west of Gaza. Its passengers, who included Thunberg, were detained and eventually expelled.

In July, 21 activists from 10 countries were intercepted as they tried to approach Gaza in another vessel, the Handala.



Source link

Continue Reading

Top Stories

No. 9 LSU outlasts No. 4 Clemson as Garrett Nussmeier outduels Cade Klubnik in top-10 showdown

Published

on


No. 9 LSU went on the road and shocked No. 4 Clemson 17-10 to pick up a crucial road victory and firmly cement its place in the national championship picture. The battle went down to the final minutes, but LSU coach Brian Kelly finally picked up his first season-opening victory as Tigers coach. 

Tied 10-10 at the start of the fourth quarter, LSU quarterback Garrett Nussmeier put together a legacy drive. After he was roughed on a completion to Aaron Anderson, Nussmeier ran for a third-down conversion and then found tight end Trey’Dez Green for an 8-yard touchdown to give LSU a lead it would never surrender. 

Clemson had three more chances to get back into the end zone, turning it over on downs once and going three-and-out to set up a pivotal final drive. Clemson quarterback Cade Klubnik completed a big-time pass to T.J. Moore while taking a shot to lead a drive into the red zone. Facing fourth-and-4, LSU defender Harold Perkins brought pressure and forced an incompletion to end the game. 

Playing against a phenomenal Clemson defense, Nussmeier stepped up big, completing 28 of 38 passes for 230 yards and a touchdown in the win. Anderson was his top target, catching six passes for 99 yards, including a 39-yarder. Running back Caden Durham went for 74 yards and a touchdown. Klubnik was strong, throwing for 230 yards, with four receivers hitting four catches. However, the lack of running game (20 carries for 31 yards) stood tall in the biggest moments. 

Read on below for takeaways from LSU’s season-opening win over Clemson on Saturday. 





Source link

Continue Reading

Top Stories

Powerball jackpot jumps to an estimated $1.1 billion after no winning tickets in Saturday’s drawing

Published

on


Powerball numbers drawn for Saturday’s $1 billion jackpot



Powerball numbers drawn for Saturday’s $1 billion jackpot

00:28

The Powerball jackpot has risen to an estimated $1.1 billion, the fifth-largest ever in the game’s history, after there were no winning tickets for Saturday night’s $1 billion grand prize. 

Saturday’s winning numbers were 3, 18, 22, 27 and 33, with a Powerball of 17. There were nine tickets that matched all five white balls to win $1 million, but no ticket matched all six. 

The $1.1 billion jackpot for Monday night’s drawing has an estimated cash value of $498.4 million. 

Based on the jackpot estimate, a single jackpot winner Monday would have the choice of taking a lump sum payment of $498.4 million before taxes, or going with the annuity option, which would consist of one immediate payment followed by 29 annual payments that increase by 5% each year, each payment also before taxes. 

Saturday’s drawing marked the sixth time in the game’s 33-year history that the top prize has climbed to the billion-dollar mark.

No one has won Powerball’s jackpot since May 31, when a single ticket in California won a $204.5 million jackpot with a cash value of $91.6 million. 

Four of the five previous billion-plus-jackpot-winning tickets were sold in California, including a single ticket sold in Altadena in 2022 that claimed a $2.04 billion jackpot, the largest in both Powerball and lottery history.

The next drawing, which takes place from the Florida Lottery live draw studio in Tallahassee, is on Monday at 11 p.m. ET. Tickets are $2 and are sold in 45 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. 

contributed to this report.



Source link

Continue Reading

Trending