Top Stories
Cowboys sign Jake Ferguson to four-year extension

OXNARD, Calif. — On Sunday morning, the Cowboys signed tight end Jake Ferguson to a four-year extension worth $52 million with $30 million guaranteed, making him the highest paid tight end in franchise history.
Ferguson, 26, has been a mainstay for the Cowboys offense in his three seasons with the team, hauling in 1,429 yards over three years to go with seven touchdowns.
He’s also been a reliable safety blanket for Dak Prescott, who helped Ferguson earn Pro Bowl honors in his second season with 761 yards and five touchdowns going number 87’s way.
Ferguson becomes the seventh-highest paid tight end in the NFL, and his extension frees up $1.8 million towards the Cowboys salary cap for 2025.
While the 2024 season had it’s fair share of highs and lows for Ferguson including a concussion and a knee injury and concussion, the Cowboys signing him to an extension ahead of a contract year shows their confidence in what Ferguson can continue to do in the long-term. Although it was a frustrating year, Ferguson has been motivated this offseason to return to top form.
“My knee hurt for sure, the concussion was weird, but I’ve said this before, if I’m on the field I should be able to give it my all,” Ferguson said in June. “I definitely wasn’t satisfied with how I played the whole year last year.
“I don’t think I’ve ever played a full season and not scored a touchdown, so that was something I came into this offseason really working on, just really tried to dial in on that and make sure I was lights out.”
Already early on in training camp, Ferguson and Prescott have refreshed their chemistry and connected several times in the seam, the specialty of their connection.
“I love the seam ball, he loves throwing it.” Ferguson said.
Now, the seam ball can continue to be a Prescott to Ferguson special in Dallas for the next four years.
With Ferguson signed, attention now moves to the other key Cowboys players who are coming up for extension on their deals like Micah Parsons, DaRon Bland, Tyler Smith and Brandon Aubrey. Cowboys COO/co-owner Stephen Jones said Oxnard was a friendly ground for getting contracts done, so Dallas may not be done just yet.
Top Stories
Phillies Sign Walker Buehler – MLB Trade Rumors

The Phillies have signed right-hander Walker Buehler, The Athletic’s Matt Gelb reports. The deal will become official once Buehler (who is represented by Excel) passes a physical, and Buehler is eligible for inclusion on a playoff roster because he is joining the Phillies before September 1. Gelb reported Philadelphia’s interest in Buehler earlier today.
It was just two days ago that the Red Sox released Buehler, bringing an early end to their partnership after Buehler signed a one-year, $21.05MM free agent deal last winter. Roughly $3.4MM remains on that contract, but the Sox will remain responsible for most of that money, as the Phils will owe Buehler just the prorated portion of the MLB minimum salary.
The signing is a flier to see if Buehler can bounce back in Philadelphia after a rough year in Boston. Buehler has struggled to a 5.45 ERA, 16.5% strikeout rate, and 10.8% walk rate over 112 1/3 innings this season, and opposing batters have taken him yard 22 times. The numbers aren’t far removed from Buehler’s regular-season performance over 75 1/3 innings with the Dodgers in 2024, when Buehler was returning to action after missing the entire 2023 campaign due to Tommy John surgery.
That was the second TJ procedure of Buehler’s career, and given how shaky he has looked in the aftermath, it remains to be seen if the righty can ever return to his past All-Star form. However, Buehler showed some flashes of his old self during the Dodgers’ playoff run in 2024, throwing 10 shutout innings over his last three appearance to help Los Angeles capture the championship. Most notably, Buehler even picked up the save to close out the clinching Game Five.
As Gelb notes, the Phillies are probably viewing Buehler as a bullpen contributor again for the playoffs given how the team already has its postseason rotation set. While losing Zack Wheeler for the season blew a big hole into the Phils’ pitching plans, there’s still plenty of starting options available in Cristopher Sanchez, Ranger Suarez, Jesus Luzardo, Aaron Nola, and Taijuan Walker. The Phillies were considering a six-man rotation for September when Wheeler was still available, so Buehler could potentially make a start or two just to help ease the innings burden on the other starters, and then slide into a relief role in October.
With a healthy 6.5-game lead over the Mets in the NL East, the Phillies have some breathing room to use September as a bit of a laboratory to figure out their optimal playoff roster. If Buehler’s struggles continue, the Phils could just leave him off a postseason roster entirely, with no cost to the team apart from his minimal salary.
A bigger-picture look at Buehler’s free-agent future should wait until his 2025 season is actually over. Buehler is still just 31 and probably wants to keep trying to re-establish himself as a starter, so he’ll likely sign another one-year deal (worth far less than $21.05MM) with a team in need of rotation help. Should Buehler pitch well as a reliever in Philadelphia, however, it might add an interesting wrinkle to the situation, as exploring a full-time role change would add more interest to Buehler’s market.
Top Stories
Rudy Giuliani hospitalized after car accident in New Hampshire | Rudy Giuliani

New York City’s former mayor Rudy Giuliani has been hospitalized after getting injured in a car wreck in New Hampshire over the weekend.
On Sunday, Giuliani’s head of security, Michael Ragusa, released a statement, saying that the 81-year old was involved in a motor vehicle accident on Saturday evening. According to Ragusa, prior to the incident, Giuliani was flagged down by a woman who was the victim of a domestic violence incident.
“Mayor Giuliani immediately rendered assistance and contacted 911. He remained on scene until responding officers arrived to ensure her safety. Following this, while traveling on the highway, mayor Giuliani’s vehicle was struck from behind at high speed,” Ragusa said.
Giuliani was transported to a nearby trauma center where he was treated for a fractured thoracic vertebrae, multiple cuts and bruises, as well as injuries to his left arm and lower leg.
Giuliani’s business partner and medical provider were contacted and arrived at the hospital to oversee his care, Ragusa said, adding that Giuliani is in “good spirits and recovering tremendously”.
He went on to say that the incident “was not a targeted attack” and urged the public to “refrain from spreading unfounded conspiracy theories”.
In response to a comment from an X user who said: “Does anyone think the victim’s abuser waited for the car who helped her, to ram them? Maybe not even knowing it’s Giuliani,” Ragusa replied: “He was in a rent a car no one knew it was him.”
In 2024, Giuliani took a tumble at the Republican national convention in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, when he fell into some chairs. Following the incident which was shared widely across social media, Giuliani said: “I tripped as I was checking out the convention floor. The eyes of the world are on Fiserv Forum and the RNC, so my trip was seen by many. As a famous person once said: ‘Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.’”
Giuliani served as New York City’s mayor from 1994 to 2001. He later went on to serve as Donald Trump’s lawyer before being disbarred in Washington DC and New York over false statements he made about the 2020 presidential election.
In 2023, a jury ordered Giuliani to pay $148.1m to two former election workers from Georgia after he falsely accused them of attempting to steal the 2020 presidential election in Georgia.
Top Stories
Iran-backed Houthis raid UN offices in Yemen’s capital and detain staffers

CAIRO (AP) — Iran-backed Houthis on Sunday raided offices of the United Nations’ food, health and children’s agencies in Yemen’s capital, detaining 11 U.N. employees, officials said. The rebels tightened security across Sanaa following the Israeli killing of their prime minister and several Cabinet members.
Abeer Etefa, a spokesperson for the World Food Program, told The Associated Press that security forces raided the agencies’ offices in the Houthi-controlled capital on Sunday morning.
Also raided were offices of the World Health Organization and UNICEF, according to a U.N. official and a Houthi official, who spoke on condition of anonymity because they weren’t authorized to brief the media. The U.N. official said armed forces raided the offices and questioned employees in the parking lot.
Ammar Ammar, a spokesperson for UNICEF, said a number of the agency’s staffers were detained, and UNICEF was seeking additional information from the Houthis.
Both Etefa and Ammar said their agencies were conducting “a comprehensive head count” of their employees in Sanaa and other Houthi-held areas.
U.N. Secretary-General António Guterres in a statement late Sunday said at least 11 personnel had been detained. He condemned that and the “forced entry into the premises of the World Food Program, the seizure of U.N. property and attempts to enter other U.N. premises in Sanaa.” He called for the immediate and unconditional release of the personnel.
The raids were the latest in a long-running Houthi crackdown against the U.N. and other international organizations working in rebel-held areas in Yemen.
They have detained dozens of U.N. staffers, as well as people associated with aid groups, civil society and the now-closed U.S. Embassy in Sanaa. The U.N. suspended its operations in the Houthi stronghold of Saada in northern Yemen after the rebels detained eight U.N. staffers in January.
At least 5 ministers confirmed killed in the Israeli strike
Sunday’s raids came on the heels of the killing of the Houthi prime minister and several of his Cabinet members in an Israeli strike Thursday. It was a blow to the Iran-backed rebels who have launched attacks on Israel and ships in the Red Sea in relation to the Israel-Hamas war in the Gaza Strip.
Among the dead were Prime Minister Ahmed al-Rahawi, Foreign Minister Gamal Amer, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Local Development Mohammed al-Medani, Electricity Minister Ali Seif Hassan, Tourism Minister Ali al-Yafei and Information Minister Hashim Sharafuldin, according to two Houthi officials and the victims’ families.
Also killed was a powerful deputy interior minister, Abdel-Majed al-Murtada, the Houthi officials said.
They were targeted during a “routine workshop held by the government to evaluate its activities and performance over the past year,” a Houthi statement said Saturday, two days after the strike. The Houthis said a funeral for all those killed is scheduled for Monday in Sabeen Square in central Sanaa.
Defense Minister Mohamed Nasser al-Attefi survived the attack while Abdel-Karim al-Houthi, the interior minister and one of the most powerful figures in the rebel group, didn’t attend the Thursday meeting, the Houthi officials said.
U.N. envoy for Yemen Hans Grundberg expressed “great concern” over Israel’s recent strikes in the Houthi-controlled areas following Houthi attacks against Israel.
“Yemen cannot afford to become a battleground for a broader geopolitical conflict,” he said in a statement. He called for de-escalation.
Thursday’s strike came after the Houthis attacked Israel on Aug. 21 with a ballistic missile that its military described as the first cluster bomb the rebels had launched at Israel since 2023. The missile, which the Houthis said was aimed at Ben Gurion Airport, prompted air raid sirens across central Israel and Jerusalem, forcing millions into shelters.
The Houthis are likely to escalate their attacks on Israel and ships in the Red Sea, after they vowed in July to target merchant ships belonging to any company that does business with Israeli ports, regardless of nationality.
“Our military approach of targeting the Israeli enemy, whether with missiles, drones or a naval blockade, is continuous, steady, and escalating,” al-Houthi, the group’s secretive leader, said in a televised speech Sunday.
-
Tools & Platforms3 weeks ago
Building Trust in Military AI Starts with Opening the Black Box – War on the Rocks
-
Business2 days ago
The Guardian view on Trump and the Fed: independence is no substitute for accountability | Editorial
-
Ethics & Policy1 month ago
SDAIA Supports Saudi Arabia’s Leadership in Shaping Global AI Ethics, Policy, and Research – وكالة الأنباء السعودية
-
Events & Conferences3 months ago
Journey to 1000 models: Scaling Instagram’s recommendation system
-
Jobs & Careers2 months ago
Mumbai-based Perplexity Alternative Has 60k+ Users Without Funding
-
Education2 months ago
VEX Robotics launches AI-powered classroom robotics system
-
Funding & Business2 months ago
Kayak and Expedia race to build AI travel agents that turn social posts into itineraries
-
Podcasts & Talks2 months ago
Happy 4th of July! 🎆 Made with Veo 3 in Gemini
-
Podcasts & Talks2 months ago
OpenAI 🤝 @teamganassi
-
Mergers & Acquisitions2 months ago
Donald Trump suggests US government review subsidies to Elon Musk’s companies